|Ensemble||JLCO with Wynton Marsalis|
|Date||Thursday, November 4th, 2004|
|Project||Jazz In Motion|
|Venue||Frederick P. Rose Hall|
|Address||Broadway at West 60th Street|
|Location||New York, NY, United States|
|Venue Phone||+1 212-721-6500|
Welcome, composed by Wynton Marsalis and choreographed by Peter Martins, is performed by Charles McPherson and a New York City Ballet dancer.
Visionary Elizabeth Streb and her dance company STREB debut Gauntlet, with new music by Joe Chambers and his percussion ensemble. Tap genius Savion Glover and his ensemble ignite the stage in the evening’s final world premiere to new music composed by Wynton.
Reprises include past Wynton collaborations with Tony Award-winner Garth Fagan and New York City Ballet’s Peter Martins. The Wynton Marsalis Septet and Garth Fagan Dance will illuminate the stage, performing excerpts from Fagan’s critically acclaimed Griot New York and Trips & Trysts.
The New York City Ballet will perform Jazz (Six Syncopated Movements) with the LCJO and Wynton Marsalis.
- Savion Glover – dance
- Herlin Riley – drums, tambourine
- Sean Jones – trumpet
- Ryan Kisor – trumpet
- Marcus Printup – trumpet
- Ron Westray – trombone
- Andre Hayward – trombone
- Vincent Gardner – trombone
- Max Seigel – bass trombone
- Victor Goines – tenor sax, soprano sax, clarinet, bass clarinet
- Ted Nash – alto sax, soprano sax, clarinet, flute, piccolo
- Wess “Warmdaddy” Anderson – alto sax, sopranino sax
- Walter Blanding – tenor sax, soprano sax, clarinet
- Joe Temperley – baritone sax, bass clarinet
- Carlos Henriquez – bass
- Eric Lewis – piano