Your search for derek bermel found 5 results.
- News Wynton performs Gershwin’s Rhapsody in Blue – On November 16, 17, 18 at Rose Theater, the Jazz at Lincoln Center Orchestra with Wynton Marsalis, the American Composers Orchestra with special guest conductor Steven Sloane and pianist Marcus Roberts perform Gershwin’s groundbreaking Rhapsody in Blue, and then underscore vocal performances of Nelson Riddle’s finest arrangements from the Gershwin… – November 9, 2006
- News Beloved Styles, Crossing and Colliding – For months the American Composers Orchestra has been touting an adventurous collaborative program with the Jazz at Lincoln Center Orchestra. But as the concert on Thursday night at the Rose Theater showed, bold collaborations are sometimes easier to plan than to pull off. – November 18, 2006
- News Jazz at Lincoln Center Plans More ‘Sweep’ in New Season – Conservatism has been the charge most often leveled at Jazz at Lincoln Center by its critics over the years. So it is significant that the organization’s next season, its third since it established a permanent home in the Time Warner Center at Columbus Circle, advances the theme “Innovations in Jazz.” – March 10, 2006
- News Jazz in America, To the Beat Of a Smooth One-Man Band – ‘OH Lord,’’ Wynton Marsalis cried from the stage of the Apollo Theater. ‘‘Oh Lord,’’ he repeated, in an unsteady but soulful voice. ‘‘What have I done?’‘ – August 27, 2006
- News Wynton Marsalis: The Once and Future King of Jazz at Lincoln Center – Hollering the blues, backed by a tambourine and twangy acoustic guitar, Mr. Marsalis was a study in contradictions. He was invoking rustic folk traditions while attired in a Brooks Brothers tuxedo and white tie. And he was sounding a note of abject despair while basking in the glow of 1,400… – August 27, 2006