December 8, 2012
Rose Theater, New York.
“Big Band Holidays” concert.
Holiday celebrations have been de rigueur at Jazz at Lincoln Center since December 1989, when the Wynton Marsalis band and The Lincoln Center Classical Jazz Orchestra presented “A Classical Jazz Christmas.” The tradition continued over the years with various iterations of “Red Hot Holiday Stomp,” in which small ensembles put a New Orleans feeling on choice Yuletide classics. Carrying this ritual forward, the Jazz at Lincoln Center Orchestra with Wynton Marsalis presented over a dozen imaginative arrangements of timeless holiday songs, joined by vocalists René Marie and Gregory Porter.
- Ali Jackson – drums, tambourine
- Carlos Henriquez – bass
- Dan Nimmer – piano
- Ryan Kisor – trumpet
- Kenny Rampton – trumpet
- Marcus Printup – trumpet
- Chris Crenshaw – trombone
- Vincent Gardner – trombone
- Elliot Mason – trombone
- Victor Goines – tenor sax, soprano sax, clarinet, bass clarinet
- Ted Nash – alto sax, soprano sax, clarinet, flute, piccolo
- Sherman Irby – alto sax, soprano sax, clarinet, flute
- Walter Blanding – tenor sax, soprano sax, clarinet
- Paul Nedzela – baritone sax, bass clarinet