|Ensemble||JLCO with Wynton Marsalis|
|Date||Saturday, November 20th, 2021|
|Project||Wynton at 60|
|Venue||Frederick P. Rose Hall|
|Address||Broadway at West 60th Street|
|Location||New York, NY, United States|
|Venue Phone||+1 212-721-6500|
Join the Jazz at Lincoln Center Orchestra with Wynton Marsalis for a special concert celebration of Marsalis’s milestone 60th birthday.
Known for its impressive musical range, the Jazz at Lincoln Center Orchestra will take its dynamism to a new level, offering two distinct sets in a single evening. The JLCO will pay homage to Jazz at Lincoln Center’s co-founder and Managing and Artistic Director Wynton Marsalis with a career retrospective. Audiences will be treated to select works from across Marsalis’s four decades of composing, arranging, and playing.
Marsalis will also perform with a small group composed of JLCO members and special guests—something he hasn’t done in Rose Theater since 2011. Fans wanting to see Marsalis front and center should take full advantage of this opportunity to wish the maestro many happy returns.
The performance is 90-minutes, with no intermission.
Special Guest trumpeters include: Giveton Gelin, Summer Camargo, Anthony Hervey, Tatum Greenblatt
Tickets are also available for a webcast of the Thursday performance, which will be available on-demand for a week after the initial air date. Join us from anywhere in the world and wish the maestro many happy returns!
- Obed Calvaire – drums, tambourine
- Dan Nimmer – piano
- Carlos Henriquez – bass
- Ryan Kisor – trumpet
- Kenny Rampton – trumpet
- Marcus Printup – trumpet
- Victor Goines – tenor sax, soprano sax, clarinet, bass clarinet
- Ted Nash – alto sax, soprano sax, clarinet, flute, piccolo
- Sherman Irby – alto sax, soprano sax, clarinet, flute
- Walter Blanding – tenor sax, soprano sax, clarinet
- Paul Nedzela – baritone sax, bass clarinet
- Tatum Greenblatt – trumpet
- Anthony Hervey – trumpet
- Summer Camargo – trumpet
- Giveton Gelin – trumpet
- VITORIA SUITE: Mvt XII, Mendizorrotza Swing
- SHANGHAI SUITE: Mvt. II, The Monkey King’s March
- JOE’S CONCERTO: Mvt. IV
- ABYSSINIAN: Offertory Part 3, The Holy Ghost
- SPACES: Part VIII, A Nightingale
- SUITE FOR HUMAN NATURE: Mvt. XXIV, Windjammers (with Summer Carmago, Giveton Gelin, Tatum Greenblatt & Anthony Hervey, trumpet)
- SIX SYNCOPATED MOVEMENTS: D in the Key of F (Sherman Irby, Victor Goines & Rhythm Section)
- SPACES: Part X, Bees Bees Bees
- JUST A CLOSER WALK WITH THEE (for Slide Hampton)
- BIG TRAIN: Mvt. 12, The Caboose