|Ensemble||JLCO with Wynton Marsalis featuring Wayne Shorter|
|Date||Thursday, February 18th, 2016|
|Time||8:00pm – 9:30pm|
|Tour||JLCO World Tour 2016|
|Project||The Music of Wayne Shorter|
|Location||London, United Kingdom|
|Venue Phone||+44 020 7638 4141|
Composer and saxophonist Wayne Shorter is joined by the Jazz at Lincoln Center Orchestra led by Wynton Marsalis for an evening that sees his music expanded and elevated.
At 83 years old, Wayne Shorter is still one of the most exciting voices in jazz. Never one to rest on his laurels – which include collaborations with Art Blakey, Miles Davis and the Weather Report, and Herbie Hancock, here we see a new side to his playing as he presents new arrangements of his music for the concert orchestra.
With Shorter cutting through with explosive solos one moment, before dropping back into the array of horns, piano and percussion the next, this is an unprecedented chance to hear him and the Jazz at Lincoln Center Orchestra revisit the beautiful melodies that their creator has rarely, if ever, performed since recording them nearly 50 years ago. The ensemble will also perform some of Shorter’s most masterful material, including ‘E.S.P’, ‘Lost’ and ‘Endangered Species’.
- Wayne Shorter – tenor sax, soprano sax
- Ali Jackson – drums, tambourine
- Carlos Henriquez – bass
- Kenny Rampton – trumpet
- Ryan Kisor – trumpet
- Marcus Printup – trumpet
- Chris Crenshaw – trombone
- Elliot Mason – trombone
- Vincent Gardner – trombone
- Victor Goines – tenor sax, soprano sax, clarinet, bass clarinet
- Ted Nash – alto sax, soprano sax, clarinet, flute, piccolo
- Sherman Irby – alto sax, soprano sax, clarinet, flute
- Walter Blanding – tenor sax, soprano sax, clarinet
- Paul Nedzela – baritone sax, bass clarinet
- Dan Nimmer – piano
- Yes Or No
- Endangered Species
- Infant Eyes
- Hammer Head
- E. S. P.
- The Three Marias
- Mama G Aka Nellie Bly
- Blues In G (Quartet)