January 19, 2013
Rose Theater, New York City.
The Music of Gerry Mulligan and John Lewis
The Jazz at Lincoln Center Orchestra with Wynton Marsalis addresses the stylish compositions and arrangements of saxophonist Gerry Mulligan and pianist John Lewis, whose recorded paths first intersected with Miles Davis’ legendary ‘Birth of the Cool’ nonet. Neither jazz master was a stranger to the organization – both developed close relationships with JALC during the 90’s.
- Ali Jackson – drums, tambourine
- Carlos Henriquez – bass
- Dan Nimmer – piano
- Kenny Rampton – trumpet
- Ryan Kisor – trumpet
- Vincent Gardner – trombone
- Chris Crenshaw – trombone
- Elliot Mason – trombone
- Paul Nedzela – baritone sax, bass clarinet
- Walter Blanding – tenor sax, soprano sax, clarinet
- Sherman Irby – alto sax, soprano sax, clarinet, flute
- Ted Nash – alto sax, soprano sax, clarinet, flute, piccolo