|Event||Chick Corea Festival|
|Ensemble||JLCO with Wynton Marsalis featuring Chick Corea|
|Date||Thursday, May 16th, 2013 – Saturday, May 18th, 2013|
|Address||10 Columbus Circle|
|Location||New York, NY, United States|
Now in his seventies, the pianist-composer Chick Corea will be celebrated during JALC’s 25th Anniversary Season with a multi-venue “festival.” On the Rose Theater portion, Corea will reconnect with the Jazz at Lincoln Center Orchestra with Wynton Marsalis in a reprise of their highly acclaimed collaborations in 2011, performing deeply original arrangements by JLCO members of Corea’s masterful songbook. This interplay showcases Corea’s singular abilities as a musical storyteller, with vocabulary that contain a global range of reference—Bach and bebop, Bartok and the blues, Mozart and montunos, Ravel and rumba, Stravinsky and samba, all tempered with the language of swing and the Spanish Tinge.
Free pre-concert festival, May 17 and 18 at 6:30pm.
Free pre-concert discussion nightly at 7pm.
- Chick Corea – piano
- Ali Jackson – drums, tambourine
- Dan Nimmer – piano
- Carlos Henriquez – bass
- Riza Printup – harp
- Marcus Printup – trumpet
- Ryan Kisor – trumpet
- Kenny Rampton – trumpet
- Elliot Mason – trombone
- Chris Crenshaw – trombone
- Vincent Gardner – trombone
- Victor Goines – tenor sax, soprano sax, clarinet, bass clarinet
- Ted Nash – alto sax, soprano sax, clarinet, flute, piccolo
- Sherman Irby – alto sax, soprano sax, clarinet, flute
- Walter Blanding – tenor sax, soprano sax, clarinet
- Paul Nedzela – baritone sax, bass clarinet