Home»News Updates

Video: Wynton at Charlie Rose Show

On March 12, 2007, Wynton was interviewed by Charlie Rose for his show.
Here you have some clips from that evening.

« Previous Entry

Next Entry »

Discussion has ended on this entry.

1. I’m musician from Surinam trumpeter, gitarist, piano player singer.a know a special Kaseko style. Played in Caribean Combo. Worked 20 years for the ING bank and Ass.
    I saw your social talk about the system. Companies making money and when there is a disaster they do not help.
    As I feel you are in the spirit of Christ please contact me. Now I ‘in Holland. I can teach you my style of music Kaseko

Stanly Latour on May 15th, 2007 at 11:44am

2. This is the second time that I have heard Mr. Marsalis begin to explore the idea of a national dance. He makes mention of the concept of a national dance and Mr. Rose redirects the discussion back to the current release. I am sensing the seeds of some ruminations “moving” in mind of our great cultural leader…

Karen on Mar 17th, 2007 at 2:29pm

3. Wynton Marsalis for President!

Excellent interview, great perspective, true inspiration.

s.baker on Mar 16th, 2007 at 11:21am

4. Wynton’s direct and honest approach and responses are right on point. He doesn’t sugarcoat the issues; he speaks from the heart, conveying messages that most don’t necessarily might not want to hear but nonetheless can not ignore.

Sonalii on Mar 15th, 2007 at 7:16pm

5. Wynton continues to impress me with his views – be them on New Orleans, the Government, jazz, or hip hop. Wynton presents his views so that they are unquestionably correct, despite the interviewer’s contradictory (and kind of snotty) attitude. It’s people like Wynton who really can lead and change things. He proves the faults of our society while presenting new ideas, but never makes himself out as a complainer or whiner about “these kids today and their music…”

The things Wynton has said and done for music has been very significant for me and my music, and makes me optimistic towards jazz, even when I see that most teens my age can’t see beyond the garbage music they hear on MTV and pop radio.

Cameron Milligan on Mar 14th, 2007 at 11:54pm

6. Nice interview of what i heard. I agree with Wynton that the producers and record companies are the ones who determine sometimes what we are able to put out there. And I agree with him regards to our morals in life in general.
    What is acceptable on T.V., cartoons, music,newspapers
    schools, politics etc. we have got to stop and say Now that is just not a good learning experience for our children. or ourselves

whitney on Mar 14th, 2007 at 5:00pm