Wynton Marsalis Discussion Forum

Wynton’s Sheet Music is available

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 332

Joined 2005-03-04

PM

We are pleased to announce the new Sheet Music setion of this site.

http://www.wyntonmarsalis.org/sheet-music/

Enjoy !

Signature

ADMIN

Rank

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2008-05-27

PM

I think that’s fantastic that the sheet music is available, as well as the fact that classic charts of Ellington are being made available on the Lincoln Jazz Center website.  Does Wynton have any of his big band charts available for sale?  If not, when?

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2005-03-04

PM

Wynton’s scores for big band will be available in the next months.

Visit us frequently or subscribe to the newsletter to keep you update via e-mail about the new releases.

Signature

ADMIN

Rank

Total Posts: 4

Joined 2005-11-05

PM

That’s great news!

As for the big band charts, I would personally prefer if you could buy scores and sets of parts separately.

I think there are many of us who don’t actually have our own big band, but would like to study the music from an arranger’s point of view.

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2005-03-04

PM

That’ exactly what we plan to do.

Stay tuned ;)

Signature

ADMIN

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2005-03-04

PM

About Wynton’s Sheet Music,

Now there’s a special price for people buying the complete album, instead of single song in PDF

Check the Sheet Music section for more info.

Signature

ADMIN

Rank

Total Posts: 29

Joined 2007-12-14

PM

thanks for the sheet music I purchased i was able to use it with my instruction for my students and found out there are other instructors doing the same. it is a great tool.

Rank

Joined 2005-11-05

PM

What happened to Wynton’s big band charts?

In May 2008 (see Luigi Beverelli’s post) they would be available “in the next months”.

Well, it’s been a year and a half now…

Rank

Joined 2005-11-05

PM

Anyone…?

Rank

Joined 2005-11-05

PM

It’s been almost two years now…still nothing?

Rank

Joined 2010-05-20

PM

Hello,

I just registered here and I am excited about the prospect of being able to keep up with the activites of Wynton; I’m also stoked about the idea of beinb able to discuss Wynton’s music, and jazz in general with other musicians and jazz fans. I do have one question; I tried to purchase the Bb transcription of Black Codes from the sheet music page, but I can’t seem to find a link to a page where I can pay for my purchase and receive the PDF file. Can anyone here please point me in the right direction? Thanks a ton and I’m looking forward to being apart of this forum.

Rank

Joined 2010-12-09

PM

Excellent! This is very useful! Thanks! :)