Wynton Marsalis Discussion Forum

IAJE?

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 552

Joined 2005-03-05

PM

Anyone going to IAJE? If so, any particular suggestions on what to attend?

JG

Signature

Jurzy Girl

RankRankRank

Total Posts: 96

Joined 2006-09-01

PM

I have made a couple of basic choices in the general schedule, but am pinpointing it down as I write, which you can only do if you have the magazine. There are always too many interesting things that you may want to see at the same time, so it is important to really make a precise selection so as to have as little regrets as possible. as logistics of timing can make a world of difference. wooo what a lot of long winded stuff here!!!! well it’s true; if there is a lecture or concert that you really want to see as well as hundreds of other people. you got to get there early and walk those corridors and the street….

It would be nice to may be run into you JG.

Have a year blessed with health, great music and other fulfillment and happiness JG.

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 552

Joined 2005-03-05

PM

I have been a bit overwhelmed with the magazine! What a selection! Last year I circled some basics but ended up running from this thing to that trying, rather hopelessly, to see everything. I’ll sit with my magazine today and get some basics circled but doubtless I’ll just “have to “see this or that once I arrive…the energy of the conference is amazing and it’s so easy to get swept away.

Also a good place to meet people. I met some really lovely students last year and have had the good fortune to remain in contact with all of them. IAJE infuses them with new life, they are all a-buzz and eager for information. It warms my heart to see our young people so committed and aligning themselves with each other in terms of such lofty interests.

So, Juan, are we meeting for lunch? Frederique, I’ll list some of my picks for the lectures and performances and, who knows, perhaps it’ll be easy to meet.

JG

Signature

Jurzy Girl