Wynton Marsalis Discussion Forum

NYC performance

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 552

Joined 2005-03-05

PM

I will be in NYC for two weeks betwen late June and the end of July. Does anyone know if Mr. Marsalis will be performing locally during that time frame? My plans are pretty open right now so f anyone knows of a performance, I’ll try to schedule my two weeks so I can see him perform. I’ve only seen him once!

Thanks!

JG

Signature

Jurzy Girl

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 492

Joined 2005-03-23

PM

Wynton Marsalis will be performing at Midsummer Night Swing at Lincoln Center:

Tuesday, July 6: Lincoln Center Jazz Orchestra
Swing and Jazz

Music Director Wynton Marsalis and the Lincoln Center Jazz Orchestra (LCJO), composed of many of the top jazz soloists and ensemble players today, return for their annual pilgrimage to Midsummer Night Swing. LCJO performs a huge repertory that spans the history of the art form, ranging from works by such jazz icons as Ellington, Basie and Mingus to newly commissioned pieces by Benny Carter, Joe Henderson, and many others.
Dance Teachers: Nathalie Gomes & Yuval Hod of Hop, Swing, & 4 Jump
DJ: Andrew D’Angelo -Rocky

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2005-03-05

PM

I will be there! Thanks so much!

JG

Signature

Jurzy Girl

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2005-03-05

PM

Hello Renatta,

The event starts at 6:30 on 7/6 (Tuesday) with, I believe, swing dance lessons and then the concert…probably 7:30 or 8:00. Sounds like fun and though I hear the event is “free” I bought the $15 tix just in case this will get me in on the dance lessons and perhaps a seat once the concert begins.

JG

Signature

Jurzy Girl