Wynton Marsalis Discussion Forum

Reginald Veal

Rank

Total Posts: 1

Joined 0

PM

I would like to know if anyone has any information on Veal’s touring schedule.  Unlike Wynton, Veal doesn’t have a website and it’s virtually impossible finding any information on the internet.  Thanks!

RankRank

Total Posts: 36

Joined 2005-05-06

PM

My guess would be to keep an eye on Wycliffe Gordon for any Reginald Veal activity. Or email Mr. Gordon and ask him about Mr. Veal. —Just speculation—

Rank

Joined 0

PM

Thanks for the tip g—...I think I might just do that.

RankRank

Total Posts: 36

Joined 2005-05-06

PM

Let’s us know if you hear anything.

Rank

Total Posts: 15

Joined 0

PM

I most certainly will g—!

Rank

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2005-06-16

PM

You may also want to check out Cassandra Wilson’s tour dates- he’s been performing with her for a while now.  He’s a tough one to follow.  He just pops up, but it’s always a pleasant surprise.  He recently played a week with Wycliffe and it was masterful.

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 120

Joined 2005-06-14

PM

JazzySoulDiva,

I went to those gigs and yes it was masterful.

Rank

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2005-06-16

PM

edna,

Were you there the night that Veal played trombone?  It was the first night that Wynton sat in.  Now that’s good stuff.

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2005-06-14

PM

JazzySoulDiva,

Yes I was!!!  Actually, when they played that song, “The Woopin’ Blues” I couldn’t help myself and I started second lining.  It was a great gig. Did you know that when Veal was in college he studied bass trombone…I guess that’s where he got his trombone chops.  I’ve seen several photographs of Veal playing the trombone and I’m very happy I finally got the chance to hear him play it.  I flew up to NYC just to see those cats play and I was not disappointed.

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 552

Joined 2005-03-05

PM

Where on earth did all you women come from?! Were you here all along and reading but not posting? I am so glad you’re here. How did you find out about the site and what made you active? There’s aslo a lotsgrl and there was a Renatta too. And I know “me” is out there being mindful of us all!

;-)

Glad to see some instrumentalsts.

So, how long have you been playing? What got you interested in jazz…your ‘defining’ moment? Who inspired you musically? You know, who’d you want to be like musically? Do you come from a musical family?

and if you’ve been reading at all, you know I have tons of questions! But I don’t offend easilly…

JG

Signature

Jurzy Girl

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 292

Joined 2005-03-11

PM

Hey Jurzy Girl, just out of curiosity how long have you been posting on this forum?

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 552

Joined 2005-03-05

PM

Probably a bit over a year? Once the site changed, I logged on with some IP thing but that was this year (I think). Read around (to get a feeling for you people) about a month before ever posting.

Have snooped around a few other sites, including Branfod’s, but don’t care for them…too heavy instrumentally (tech stuff), too geeky, too flighty (Branford’s)...just not a personality fit…but intersting in their own way. Like to see what’s important to people.

Like this site. I learn a lot and there is a good balance between instrumentalists and non instrumentalists, edcucators and various types of artists…diverse in a way…homogeneous in another…all connected by the same basic way of thinking…a community of the mind. While that’s good, I see we often “preach to the choir” but whatcha gonna do?

Longwinded answer bc I am procrastinanting on purpose…

So, what about you?

JG

Signature

Jurzy Girl

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 292

Joined 2005-03-11

PM

Maybe just under a year for me. Found this site when I searched the web for Wynton—(wanted to find some info about him coming to Australia). Have seen other forums, but I really do think this is the best (Luigi, hope you’re listening!!)

Rank

Total Posts: 11

Joined 2005-03-26

PM

I watch this site daily.  I like reading what you all have to say.  I am here to learn, and I always love to hear what Jurzy girl has to say.  she is pretty right on.  I also have followed the LCJO for awhile, so this is good…....

Lotusgrl

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2005-06-14

PM

I just recently found this site.  A friend of mine whose a big fan of Wynton told me about it.  At first, I just read the posts and then I finally started posting.  Jurzy Girl I love reading your posts, not only do I learn some cool stuff but they generally tend to be very funny.  I’m a big fan of Wynton and the music, so I visit this site quite frequently. 

Kudos-Luigi!!!

Rank

Joined 0

PM

Edna this is your old buddy Gene email me .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)