Wynton Marsalis Discussion Forum

Piles

Rank

Total Posts: 1

Joined 0

PM

Sorry but has anyone got any advice? For years I’ve been squeezing out terrific high notes and alongside them an endless stream of turtles heads!\

I’m suffering now and not even the old preperation H has helped, in fact it gave me trouble cos I came home after a few pints and used it as toothpaste by mistake!

Anyway, has anyone got any advice on this taboo of all trumpet taboos..high notes and hemeroids!!

Rank

Total Posts: 4

Joined 0

PM

Try a non pressure method and only play high notes when you are sitting down!

Rank

Joined 0

PM

Acupuncture is good, eat lots of fruit and veg and play a bit softer.

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 552

Joined 2005-03-05

PM

Ok. You people may be pulling my leg on this (as I think you have done previously on other matters) but I have to ask (I always take the bait, right?): are you serious? Does playing high notes really have a…hmmm…how to say this?...can fecal matter really be the outcome of playing such high notes? Is this common? Is this a consideration when you try to play so high? I mean really? Or are you all just pulling my leg…AGAIN?!

If there is any truth to the matter, you’d surely want to stay away from fruits and veggies…that’s bad advice! Eat bread and cheese (unless you’re lactose intolerant or a vegetarian).

My goodness, the things you learn on this site. And well, if you’re really serious and this type of thing is not unusual try Depends.

But I don’t know about you people…you’re pretty tricky. Could be a really disgusting joke.

JG

Signature

Jurzy Girl

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 292

Joined 2005-03-11

PM

Well, I don’t know about that. I have seen players who play very powerful triple G’s with absolutely no effort or pressure whatsoever, because they play a certain way that lets them do that. It completely depends on how you make the high notes come out.

Rank

Joined 0

PM

There was a very good interview with Jon Faddis in windplayer magazine a few years ago.

He talked about possible health problems due to excessive use of pressure.I think this is a much more common thing than we admit.