Wynton Marsalis Discussion Forum

Taylor Chicago Standard - your thoughts!

Rank

Total Posts: 1

Joined 0

PM

Greetings all,

I’m looking to purchase a Taylor Chicago Standard trumpet for $2,500 and I’m looking to do it very soon.  I’d like to know what you guys think about this trumpet and if any of you have personal experience playing this trumpet PLEASE SHARE!!  Your thoughts and opinions are needed and appreciated!  How does this instrument feel? What are it’s strengths/weaknesses (if any), and anything else you guys can please help me with.  I’ve been playing for 13 years and am currently using a Getzen Renaissance, so I’m looking to move up.  Thanks for any input and I look forward to reading your responses. 

Take care, dgk

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 492

Joined 2005-03-23

PM

I owned a Taylor Chicago Custom…In the end , I ended up selling it because it was not as responsive as my Schilke B1. The word on the street is that the hot new horn that also happens to come out of England is the Eclipse..people are raving about this trumpet. If you live in the UK, you can go to the factory and meet the designer Leigh McKinney .

http://www.eclipsetrumpets.co.uk/

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 292

Joined 2005-03-11

PM

I’ve generally heard that the quality and the consistancy of tayor horns arn’t the best.

Rank

Total Posts: 1

Joined 0

PM

No matter what anyone says, anyone who buys a tatlor custom really wants a Monette but ain’t got the dough! come on quit fibbing.

They’re OK but are a cash in on Monette concepts if we are honest.

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 492

Joined 2005-03-23

PM

Well I owned both..a Taylor Chicago Custom and a MOnette B993, and sold both um. I love my Schilke B1!!!!