Wynton Marsalis Discussion Forum

Setlist for 1/11/04 show at the Village Vanguard

Rank

Total Posts: 12

Joined 0

PM

Sorry Cats, didn’t know this was going to be a soap opera….I’ll apologize to Nic and back off….later.

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 492

Joined 2005-03-23

PM

To all the folks that read this website,

I am truly sorry for the commotion and discord caused by the discourse between Alan T and myself. In my intitial statement of 1/18, I simply wanted to express my dissappointment at what I viewed as less than committed performance by a man who I generally enjoy listening to. After that..well you all read the rest. The perception of perfomance is subjective, and everyone should be able to voice their perceptions freely. My comments are open to the criticism of anyone….but for the record..Alan T’s response to my initial critique was to refer to me as an “idiot”. I think that , and much of the tone of his subsequent responses were harsh and go beyond the bounds of constructive critique. I’m sorry I let myself get sucked and contribute with my own sniping.

I won’t be contributing anything further to this site, so go luck to all you Jazz fan’s and musicians. There are alot of tough crowds out there in the cold cruel world.

Rocky

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 492

Joined 2005-03-23

PM

P.S.

The above should read…“I let myself get sucked in and contribute…”

bye.

RankRankRank

Total Posts: 89

Joined 0

PM

Rocky, don’t leave. C’mon stay here man. It’s not your fault, it’s no ones fault. Everyone is sorry. I am too, i’m very sorry for getting into what i shouldn’t have.

RankRank

Total Posts: 50

Joined 2011-05-18

PM

Dear Alan T,
try to respect other people’s opinion. PLEASE

This forum is for for all Wynton’s and all kind of music fans.
We don’t want that anyone disrespect other members, using a BAD language.

Thank you.

Luigi

Rank

Total Posts: 1

Joined 0

PM

Wow,

I have been lurking here for months and the first bit of controversial and interesting dialogue sends you all running for the hills….whatever happened to subjective free speech ......if you can’t take the heat…...
Corb

RankRankRank

Total Posts: 89

Joined 0

PM

Very true, Corby.