PM

http://www.senecablack.com/

For all of you fans.

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 404

Joined 2006-07-09

PM

Hey Rocky,

Did you check this out? Seneca’s playing, primarily his soloing, has really come around…..I don’t know about that vocal thing though…...

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 492

Joined 2005-03-23

PM

Juan,

Unfortunately I still live in the dial up era, so It’s hard for me to download off his site. BUt I’m sure he’ll do some gigs hear in NY…so I’ll probably check him out there…On Trumpet Herald..alot of guys were giving him grief for including “Carnival of Venice” on his site. You just can’t please everybody I guess.

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 552

Joined 2005-03-05

PM

Well I sure am glad that Carnival of Venice was included. Now I know what it is…informative. I can understand why this piece would be good for competitions; it seems to make use of a wide array of technical skills and seems to make good use of nuances of style as well. Lotta “music” in that piece.

JG

Signature

Jurzy Girl

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 492

Joined 2005-03-23

PM

Maybe he is looking for some constructive criticism via the WWW. YOu could email him with your thoughts.

RankRank

Total Posts: 35

Joined 2006-08-03

PM

His site has spirit! he’s having a go and he’s got a real nice sound. I’ve only ever heard him play lead and thought he was wonderful.

he’s having fun with the venice, it’s not up there as you’d want it to be from a classical player but he says these are demos and invites comment.

yeah, the singing wasn’t the best of efforts but I wish him all the best and would by an album to support him and hear his playing, especially if its with that great rythm section

go on Seneca, have a go my friend!!

Rank

Total Posts: 2

Joined 0

PM

Maybe too many “model” type photos?

RankRank

Total Posts: 36

Joined 2005-05-06

PM

I don’t get it.

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 292

Joined 2005-03-11

PM

Yeah, I agree with PINCHUNO, If i didn’t know that he was a trumpet player, I would have thought he was a model.

Rank

Total Posts: 2

Joined 0

PM

Seneca is a wicked trumpet player. I agree though that those photies could well end up in the hands of Rocky James!!