Wynton Marsalis Discussion Forum

Buzzing Basics

RankRankRank

Total Posts: 85

Joined 2005-03-13

PM

Hey!

What do you think about James Thompson “Buzzing Basics”?!?Hello from Europe!Jani!

Signature

Janez Lorber

Kot pri Prevaljah 35

2391 Prevalje, Slovenia, Europa

or

Janez Lorber

Albertgasse 48

1080 Vienna, Austria,Europa

RankRankRank

Joined 2005-03-13

PM

Thanks Lawrence! I write mail to Mr.Thompson, but he didnt answer!I dont now why-but ok!

Signature

Janez Lorber

Kot pri Prevaljah 35

or

Janez Lorber

Albertgasse 48

Rank

Total Posts: 1

Joined 0

PM

I worked with Jim at Eastman (and actually did the recordings of his buzzing for the latest version of the book) and know he’s a really, really busy guy - especially with his travel schedule.  He may not have had a chance to read your message yet.  Just drop him another email if you don’t hear back in a few weeks.  He’s a very good guy and I’m sure he wouldn’t ignore your message.  Good luck with the book and your studies.

All best,

Kevin

RankRankRank

Joined 2005-03-13

PM

Hello Kevin!He answered and he is really a good guy!He come to europe in september!And i go to visit him!Thanks!Jani!

Signature

Janez Lorber

Kot pri Prevaljah 35

or

Janez Lorber

Albertgasse 48

Rank

Total Posts: 7

Joined 0

PM

I have the buzzing basics CD - my band director gave it to me.  It seems to me that the buzzing technique should be slightly changed to achieve a more clear and delicate sound on the horn.

Rank

Joined 2012-04-04

PM

The buzzing basics sounds has resonance but lacks refinement, depth and beauty sometimes.  Sounds like the treble is turned all the way up and the bass turned off and can have a thin tinny quality to it.

Rank

Joined 2012-04-07

PM

hi there