Wynton Marsalis Discussion Forum

Wynton’s Pianist?

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 141

Joined 2006-08-28

PM

Dan Nimmer has consistantly been playing with both the orchestra and Wynton’s Quintet/Quartet shows.  His stylistic adaptability is excellent.  I can always tell if Nimmeri is around when I hear quality of the upper register tones.  As for the Septet, occasionally Jonathan Batiste has been playing.

RankRankRank

Total Posts: 75

Joined 2008-02-29

PM

I had never even heard of Nimmer until I saw his name associated with the LCJO.  I was at the second set at Dizzy’s one night and Nimmer was the after hours pianist so I stayed and was indeed impressed.

Baptiste is new to me I must admit.  I’ve never even heard of him.

Rank

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2010-10-05

PM

hello..!!

i am new her, can you please explain to me

about the LCJO?

thanks a lot,!!

god bless…!!

cheers,

how to deal with depression

RankRank

Total Posts: 38

Joined 2011-06-08

PM

I agree with all of you. Dan Nimmer is one of the best pianist for me. He plays the piano wonderfully. This guy will be at the top in no time.

Rank

Total Posts: 7

Joined 2011-05-18

PM

ndrewoods Wrote:

———————————————————————————-

> I agree with all of you. Dan Nimmer is one of the

> best pianist for me. How to play on piano

> wonderfully. This guy will be at the top in no

> time.

Yeah, I heard this guy play the piano and he really is a good. He is good in playing jazz piano pieces. He even got a recommendation to play in Wynton Marsalis’ band. He has also performed and or recorded with Jimmy Cobb, Norah Jones, Dianne Reeves, George Benson, Frank Wess, Clark Terry, Tom Jones, Willie Nelson, Jimmy Heath, Jon Faddis, Cassandra Wilson and many more great artists.