Wynton Marsalis Discussion Forum

CD’s

Rank

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2005-03-13

PM

Greetings,

I am looking to purchase two cd’s for my dad’s birthday, who is a former trumpet player, that really capture both the jazz side and the classical side of Wynton. Can someone please make a suggestion.

Thx-SB

RankRank

Total Posts: 47

Joined 2005-03-10

PM

Hi. I don’t know about Wynton’s jazz CDs but I could tell you that the CD “CLASSIC WYNTON” sure captures his classical. I have been listening to that CD for a loooooooooong time now and each time it feels like it’s the first time I hear it. It has both piccolo and a normal trumpet songs on it. I definitely recommend this CD.

Rank

Total Posts: 2

Joined 0

PM

Dear Wynton Marsalis,

I think you are the best trumpetplayer all the time of trumpethistory as Maurice André also said. I want to have a CD of your best studioperformances but I don´t know how to get it. I wish you all the best for the future because it´s hard to be a trumpetist who I was once.

God bless you.

Manfred Regall

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 332

Joined 2005-03-04

PM

Dear Manfred,

you could buy the CD on Amazon.com following the links directly from our Discography section.

My favourite Wynton’s album are:

JAZZ

- The Magic Hour

- Tune in tomorrow

- The Resolution Of Romance Standard Time, Vol. 3

- In This House, On This Morning

CLASSICAL

- Baroque Duet

- In Gabriel’s Garden

- The London Concert

Signature

ADMIN

Rank

Total Posts: 17

Joined 0

PM

The ‘CLASSIC WYNTON’ album is definately a great showcase of some of his best classical performances.

‘LIVE AT THE VILLAGE VANGUARD’ is a brilliant demonstration of Wynton in the jazz arena. His septet is a very pleasing group to listen to, especially in this live setting. The original recordings are on a 7-CD box set which is quite expensive, however there is a single cd available which is a selection of the best recordings from the box set. Well worth checking out…