Wynton Marsalis Discussion Forum

Marciac 2003 Set Second List???

Rank

Total Posts: 1

Joined 0

PM

Hello!
I just finished listening to the second set from Marciac 2003 on (wyntonmarsalis.com) and I really really really enjoyed the second to last tune they played…(sounds like something in the time sig. of 5/4). Does anyone know the name of that tune, or on what recording I might be able to find it? It’s such a great tune,...man…I’m really moved after having listened to that tune.

Also, I think this is the first time I’ve ever heard Wynton play anything latin - Wow! that’s real nice…and who is the Italian player?...AWESOME.

Thank you,
-MD

RankRank

Total Posts: 50

Joined 2011-05-18

PM

Where did you find it exactly on the site ?
The italian alto player is Francesco Cafiso (14 years old)

Rank

Joined 0

PM

Hello Luigi,
It’s in the “Aural Oasis Jazz Club” section of the flash site. I don’t think it’s the entire show, but excerpts - nonetheless, inspiring. ...man….after listening to it, I immediatly picked-up my horn and started practicing..

>>Francesco Cafiso<<
14 years old??...WOW. what a genius. also amazing that Wynton actually allowed him to sit-in… I’ve never seen that before.

-md

RankRank

Total Posts: 50

Joined 2011-05-18

PM

Thanks,
Yes, Francesco is a wonderful player.
He toured Europe with Wynton and his septet this summer.

We have also a video in our Italian tour report, where Francesco is duetting with Wynton on “Just friends”.
Check our previous news, if you have never been on this site before.

Best,
Luigi

Rank

Joined 0

PM

Hello Folks,

I can’t listening the tune but I think that is “Sunflowers” because it is in 5/4.
I’ll listening and check if it is this tune. It is on Marciac Suite.

Anne from Paris

Rank

Joined 0

PM

Merci Anne!
Actually, I had already figured it out. but, thanks anyway.
I love that tune.

-md