Total Posts: 1

Joined 0

PM

I’ve a Stomvi Master in C and his revolutionari combi mothpiece

Rank

Joined 0

PM

I have my french besson large bore b-flat trumpet and a 1 1/4c vincent bach megatone mouthpiece.

Rank

Total Posts: 13

Joined 2006-07-01

PM

I Play a marcinkiewicz rembrant, kanstul flug sig model. schulke13b mouthpiece, for lead, classical, and solo playing,

Rank

Total Posts: 3

Joined 2006-08-15

PM

I play on a newer horn, A Cannonball Brass Stone Series Big Bell 725 Bb Trumpet

The finish is Black Nickel Plate, which looks cool as hell and darkens the tone, along with the stone in the lower pipe chech it out at http://www.cannonballmusic.com/stonetrumpets.php

I play Bach 3C (Gold Plated)

Signature

The equipment you play makes no difference if you can’t enjoy how you play it’s all about your Ego Machine!!

Rank

Total Posts: 23

Joined 2006-08-15

PM

I play a Bach 73 ML bore with a Monette 1-5 mouthpiece.

RankRank

Total Posts: 32

Joined 2005-10-24

PM

I play 2 main trumpets,  both handmade at http://www.eclipsetrumpets.com:

1.  LR (large Red brass)  Bb

2.  MS (Medium rimless bell “solar”)  Bb

I’m also coming out with a new line of mouthpieces in the next month or so… they’ve been in development for quite some time.  The closest conventional size I can come to is like a NY Bach 3C with a MUCH more efficient cup shape,  throat shape, and backbore taper.  Details soon at my site at http://www.austincustombrass.com (still developing the site).

They are dreams come true for me and finally have made me stop buying equipment!  They fit me like a well-tailored Armani Suit.

Best,

T

Rank

Total Posts: 5

Joined 2006-09-09

PM

a yamaha xeno with a monette prana b2, and a monette c 937 with (two) stc-3’s.. a c1-1 and a c 1-2

Rank

Joined 2008-07-06

PM

Hello

I play Schilke 14 and wonder for Monette stc-3

What choose model you all order for me?? :)

RankRank

Total Posts: 49

Joined 2008-04-17

PM

i have a 789RL Big Bell Bavarion Lion (Raw Brass) from Cannonball. I used to play a B1-5M but it wore my chops out too fast so I play a pretty standard Bach 5C. Not much difference in sound. The cannonball still is just as warm and strong/bright and edgy as i want it to be at any moment.

Rank

Total Posts: 18

Joined 2008-03-30

PM

Bach S180ML37 here with a Bach 3C-25-24 screw rim mouthpiece. Top that. :-)

I also have an Olds L12 flugel with a Bach 3CFL piece. Nice tone.

Rank

Joined 2008-03-25

PM

Can Anyone tell me what monette mouthpieces is close to a Bach 5c mouthpiece.

Rank

Joined 2008-03-30

PM

I really don’t know. I haven’t had a chance to collect any mp literature. If you have a Bach and you wish to make a change, I’d look into their screw rims. You can keep the same rim and modify any underparts to your liking. When you get an underpart modified to your tastes, you can have the mp that you desire. I once switched out my 3C cup for a 3E cup for Handel’s Halleluh (sp) Chorus. Good thing, too. Was tired from playing high notes the note before.

Rank

Joined 2008-03-25

PM

Thanks for tip trumpet joker.

I’am going start doing that to my mouthpieces

I always wanted to play a monette mp, if I can’t get one of his trumpets

I can buy one of his mps’

And I know the feeling about those high notes.

Rank

Joined 2008-03-30

PM

If you can’t get a screw rim, have a regular mp modified. When you find the mod you really like, pick up two or three spares in case you lose your main mp. Don’t buy the spares until you are absolutely sure you like the mods first. Modifications can be very expensive depending on who does them. Bach had a mp handbook which allowed me to search for the mods I wanted.

Back in 1983 shortly after buying my Strad, I went to Bach’s former chief repairman. His name was John “Pepe” Pettinato. He gave me my first screw rim (3C). Luckily, I got it right the first time. He gave me a break on the first mp, but a second one was more than I could afford. So, I had him modify two regular 3C’s the same way. I put one in my bag and the other is at home in storage. I obviously use the 3C screw rim as my daily mp and a modified 3C as a spare in my bag.

Just my advice. Take it for what it is worth.  :-)

Rank

Total Posts: 4

Joined 2008-08-24

PM

Before I state my horn/mouthpiece combination, let me say that I DO NOT PLAY IN A SYMPHONY!!!  So all of you orchestral people don’t go postal when I say what I play on. 

I play mostly in a large church (contemporary music) or I play gigs (outdoors, clubs, jazz clubs, etc)  with a sizzling horn band that needs brightness, demands high notes constantly, all requiring a sizzling studio sound.  I play Tower of Power lead trumpet parts 90% of the time and I personally find the Marcinkiewicz Gillette model (actually mine is a slight variant of that ) along with the Marcinkiewicz Concert hall designed Bobby Shew #1 mouthpiece to be my bread and butter combination.  I have played on this combo so long that I can play all ranges and styles of music except when I do play in an orchestral environment at which time I simply replace my mouthpiece with a Schilke 16. 

It works for me.