Wynton Marsalis Discussion Forum

What does everybody practice,study,method?

RankRankRank

Total Posts: 66

Joined 0

PM

If their are any students in here in which I know there are what is your routine and how many hours do you practice? I use the
Arban Conservatory method I’m curious what do you guys or girls use?

R.

RankRank

Total Posts: 45

Joined 0

PM

I use essential techniques and Walter Beeler. I usually practice one and a half hours to two hours a day.

Rank

Total Posts: 23

Joined 2006-08-15

PM

I usually use the Arban Method, Herbert L. Clarke’s Characteristic Studies,  and the Herbert L. Clarke’s Technical Studes. I cover the fundamentals daily and practice 1- 2 hours each day.

Rank

Total Posts: 1

Joined 0

PM

I practice ArbanĀ“s and Colin, 2 hours a day.

Rank

Total Posts: 4

Joined 0

PM

clark studies and arban book in 6th grade and wyntons CARNAVAL book since good results im technical as hell but its the tone that eludes me even with my monette. ill tell you what though marching band will screw up your tone.

RankRankRank

Total Posts: 89

Joined 0

PM

essential techniques… What matt uses… I practice about 2 hours in one session… the only thing is i have about 5 sessions a day… hee hee. It’s just too much fun!!! =)

Rank

Total Posts: 4

Joined 0

PM

I use the Arban book and the H.L.CLarke book , they both seem to cover about everything. I practise about 3-5hours a day.

RankRankRank

Total Posts: 93

Joined 0

PM

I practice the arban for 1-2 hours a day including a few of the theme and variations at the back of the book.

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 105

Joined 2007-01-01

PM

Wow Walter Beeler and Essential Technique? Now that it is almost two years later i’ll up date what I practice. Pare`s Scale Studies, Sigmund Hering, and Herbert Clark solos. I usually practice three and a half hours a day.(Counting band rehersals.)