Wynton Marsalis Discussion Forum

How to contact Wynton?

Rank

Total Posts: 1

Joined 0

PM

Hi my name is Mark Pilato i have done a sculpture, “Ascent” for the families of 9/11, St Pauls Church at ground 0 is having an event so the families can come and see Ascent and sign there loved ones names in the base. this sculpture has moved many and the family members who have already signed the base have said it was a healing experience, I met Wynton with Mike Desmond years ago when he was playing at Penn State. In the three years I sculpted Ascent I listened to him often, his music helped guide my hand when my spirits were low. It would be an amazing gift for the families if he would play for them,This is the first event that St Pauls is doing for the family members, They are the church who showed incredible spirit after 9/11 helping in every way they could and in most cases helping even more. So please ask him for me, tell him that his music will be a great gift to so many people who have been through so much, Locomotion dance company will be performing and they would love to a piece to his music,anyway i could go on for ever on what an impact he could make to celebrate the day, I invite Wynton to come and blow like never before in church that is the oldest structure in Ny a place of history a place of heros and a place that would embrace his music.  here are links to Ascent, Plus a link to Locomotion dance company

Thank you for this opportunity

Mark Pilato

http://www.loco-motiondancetheatre.org

Ascent pictures,

http://www.pilatostudios.com/pages/markSculptureGallery.html

Rank

Joined 0

PM

Wynton,

Thank you for that precious quote of yours today Christmas Day 2005 on FoxNews Sunday - Bureaucracies exist to feed themselves.

Yes, New Orleans will rise again - it is one of the World’s cultural capitals - and Satchmo, Kid Ory, George Lewis, et al, want it to, and the cats like you will make it so.

Rank

Joined 0

PM

Hi, I am writing on behalf of my cousin, Sid Bulkin, a long time Jazz Drummer,

who is now a producer/impressario for Jazz Orchestras in California, He has asked

me to get Wynston’s phone #.  He wants to introduce him to an extraordinary

trumpet player.  Can you help?

Rank

Joined 2010-08-05

PM

Mr. Marsalis! Hello! My name is Anton, i’m 18 years old, I live in Russia (so sorry for bad english:)). I have a question for you! You teach in the classical / jazz music academies?

Rank

Joined 2012-04-19

PM

Im a senior in high school. Up until now my education on trumpet has been terrible, i was never exposed to great players and my directors always kept me focused on their ensembles not my self. Last year i met a guy named mike white, who studied with Bill Adam. Bill taught great players like Karl Sievers and Chris Botti. I had a lesson with Mr.Ada, (94). this inspired me to try and meet the greatest players in the world and learn from them. Despite my early lack of education, I’ve received golds on solos at contest and i was 1st trumpet of the All-State band this year. I want more than anything to get in contact with Mr.Marsalis, whether it be email or telephone. I would really appreciate any help i can get, hes the first professional i ever heard play and hes helped me determine my future, to talk with him or take a lesson would be an incredible honor and a long time desire. Thanks

Rank

Joined 2012-09-19

PM

Thanks ,Its looks very nice. I am a new comer ,I am going to share great information.

Rank

Joined 2012-09-24

PM

good

Rank

Joined 2013-09-18

PM

I am sure if we could contact Wynton he would be inundated with emails.