Wynton Marsalis Discussion Forum

How to contact Wynton?

Rank

Total Posts: 2

Joined 0

PM

I’m looking for a possible e-mail address for Wynton Marsalis please let me know of anything.

Rank

Total Posts: 6

Joined 0

PM

I know some one that is good friends with wynton. I am going to ask if he has a adress or an email.

Rank

Total Posts: 3

Joined 0

PM

I have a contact number for Wynton’s office, however I know that he doesn’t want it given out.  If you would like to email me sometime, put Wynton in the subject block and I will get back to you, or you can call me in AZ at 520 234 4449.  I know that meeting Wynton and talking to him is a great honor, but he is really busy.

Rank

Total Posts: 3

Joined 0

PM

Wynton does not have a direct email address.  He keeps in contact with his office each day because he is on the road so often.

Rank

Total Posts: 1

Joined 0

PM

I am an assistant principal at a middle school and would like to know if he visits schools at all.  We would be willing to pay if necessary but I don’t know how to contact him or his office.  He’s probably out of our league but it’s worth a try.

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 332

Joined 2005-03-04

PM

Dear Naomi,

drop us an e-mail (to: .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)) with your request and we’ll try to help you as soon as possible.

Thanks

Luigi

Signature

ADMIN

Rank

Joined 0

PM

I saw your email response. Recently I was in New York trying to contact Mr. Marsalis. There is a builng here in Portland OR that I am trying to save. Please check out my website. http://www.multiwayz.com an www.jumpspace.org. This is ‘the house that Bebop built’ and there is a deadline , of course. It is important to contact Mr Marsalis by Friday the 16th! There is historical site here in Portland, Oregon that everyone should know about and want to be a part of. Louis Armstrong, Theolonius , the Duke, were all here. This was a hoppin’ place. With all that’s going down these days- I want to ‘jump’ into action. Creating a venue that can give us hope. That is what I’d like to share with Mr Marsalis. Thank you,JaimeLee

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 552

Joined 2005-03-05

PM

Jaime Lee,

There are many major organizations that offer grants for the type of preservation work you describe. Depending on the focus of your project (primarily preservation, educational, archiving, etc.) you may be able to secure funding from a place like the National Endowment for the Humanities. If you have not done so already, you can do a search for such institutions. Look into what’s available. As far as I know, Jazz at Lincoln Center is a profit making organization and as such might not be the best place to go if you are seeking a monetary donation/contribution to your cause.

Your idea sounds good…be committed and keep on.

JG

Signature

Jurzy Girl

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 404

Joined 2006-07-09

PM

Actually, JALC is a NON-profit Arts organization under the IRS 501-3C charitable organizations code….Wynton could be interested in this, however, as I have asked him repeatedly to be involved in different projects, his reply many times is “what can I do”?....many times he’s right…his name brings a certain amount of press but in the long run….you need a politician..maybe one that has a passion for jazz and history…good luck.

Rank

Joined 0

PM

We would like to contact Mr. Marsalis to tell him about a fellow musician in Louisiana who will finally be honored by his own hometown. ....Percy Mayfield, the “Poet Laureate of the Blues” was never honored nor recognized in his hometown of Minden, Louisiana. 

On May 13 & 14, Cultural Crossroads will sponsor their Spring Arts Festival and pay tribute to the musician and songwriter that called Minden home.

The festival site it just blocks from Percy’s original sound studio.

We would love to contact Mr. Marsalis. Perhaps he could help us do right by the man who wrote “Hit the Road Jack,” along with many others including “Stranger in my own hometown.” .....Percy will be a stranger no more.

Please contact us for more info about Percy at .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address) or write to Cultural Crossroads, P.O. Box 1393, Minden, La. 71058

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 552

Joined 2005-03-05

PM

I stand corrected. J@LC is non profit? Well, to Jaime…grants might be a really attractive option. I am so UNclear about how a non profit works bc they still have to make money, right?

And of course, I have a book on that…should go read. So many books, so little time…

JG

Signature

Jurzy Girl

Rank

Joined 0

PM

I have just seen Wynton Marsalis’ quartet in concert in Indpls, In. April 16, 2005. WOW!!!!

As a music educator myself, I am really impressed with the quality of his playing and of the other musicians in the group. Wow!!! I sat front row center and was blown away by the talent of this wonderful man.

He needs to do more school concerts. The money is there so if I have a list of his concert dates and venues, I could contact his agent or manager and get something lined up for a future date in my school area, what a fun time the kids would have???????

Rank

Joined 0

PM

I wanted to contact him in reguards as to whether he did in fact do a musical score for the 1997 movie “Night Falls On Manhattan” and if he’d be willing to comment on it.

-Justin Boggan-

rejectedfilmscores.150m.com

Rank

Total Posts: 2

Joined 0

PM

MR. MARSALIS, MY 16 YEAR OLD SON WILL BE SINGING WITH THE

JAZZ FOR TEENS PROGRAM IN NEW JERSEY’S NJPAC ON WEDNESDAY,NOV.

9TH,AT 7:30 PM AT “MUSEUM OF N.Y.C. ON 103RD AND 5TH AVE.HE WILL

BE ACCOMPANIED BY 4 OTHER MUSICIANS ON THAT EVENING.

I KNOW YOU HAVE A VERY BUSY SCHEDULE AND I’M ASKING FOR A

IMPOSSIBLE FAVOR FROM YOU,BUT I KNOW HOW MUCH YOU LOVE KIDS

WHO ARE STUDYING THIS ART FORM THAT YOU CAME TO LOVE YOURSELF.

SO IF YOU ARE AT THE LINCOLN CENTER THAT EVENING,AND CAN

SPARE 30 MINUTES OF YOUR TIME,THEN YOU WILL HEAR SOME YOUNG

ARTIST AT WORK.

GOD BLESS

SINCERELY YOURS,

STEPHEN MCLEAN SR.

P.S.MY SON’S NAME IS STEPHEN LOVELL MCLEAN

Rank

Joined 0

PM

My name is Bill Easystone,I am a long haired white guy who worked with Wynton a few years ago on the movie Rosewood, i was the second engineer and Wynton and i

worked on the scoring,i work at Warner Brothers studios.Well Wynton promised

to make me an honorary negro degree and i am still waiting for it and i want it

wynton pls contact me.

Thanks.

William Easystone.

Rank

Total Posts: 9

Joined 2005-11-16

PM

Hi this is Henry C., I’m nu here on the Wynton Marsalis Fan Club Forum. Such an honor. I wanted to find out any info for Wynton to fill me in as a 3rd trumpet player or fill me for the 3rd trumpet position for the Lincoln Center Jazz Orchestra.

You can find out all about me at:

http://www.myspace.com/kanyewestfan

http://www.myspace.com/musicscientist

Or write me at:

Henry Cooper Jr.

3341 Heatherwood Ln

Marietta GA 30008

If Wynton interested of me as 3rd trumpet chair (cuz I play the trumpet, for almost 8.5 yrs. now).

God bless.

-Henry

Signature

I’m the One you should Choose.