Wynton Marsalis Discussion Forum

Wyntons upcoming tour to South Africa

Rank

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2011-06-13

PM

Hey everyone

I live in South Africa and I cant wait to see the LEGEND Wynton Marsalis live!! I Study music at the University of Pretoria and I live to play the trumpet.

If i am lucky enough to go to his concert at the Joy Of Jazz festival it would be so amazing if i could meet Wynton. Does anyone one know how I could possibly meet him or somehow go to a masterclass that he may be having? It would be a dream come true!!

Thanks

Rank

Joined 2011-07-21

PM

Hi there, I met Wynton Marsalis at the end of his perfomance on 15 October 1991 at the Royal Concert Hall, Glasgow in Scotland. We were two S African students at the time.  We discussed, with him, his style of music and the possibility of him coming to play in SA, and he was so excited about the idea. We took pictures with him and the rest of the band. Our dream comes true Twenty years later. We hope to enjoy more “fire” than we did twenty years ago.

RankRank

Total Posts: 38

Joined 2011-06-08

PM

RichKingon Wrote:

———————————————————————————-

> Hey everyone

>

> I live in South Africa and I cant wait to see the

> LEGEND Wynton Marsalis live!! I Study music at the

> University of Pretoria and I live to play the

> trumpet.

>

> If i am lucky enough to go to his concert at the

> Joy Of Jazz festival it would be so amazing if i

> could meet Wynton. Does anyone one know how I

> could possibly meet him or somehow go to a

> masterclass that he may be having? It would be a

> dream come true!!

>

> Thanks

Wynton is very approachable. If you could go and watch him in his concert, just approach him and ask questions that you have in mind. He would pretty much tell you and teach you anything that he can. He is really a great musician. And humble.

Rank

Joined 2012-01-04

PM

Will he ever come to south east asia? i want to see him with my own eye!!!

Rank

Joined 2012-03-05

PM

that will be great