Wynton Marsalis Discussion Forum

Modern Music, Electronics, etc.

Rank

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2011-03-24

PM

What’s your take on modern genres of music? Things like Dave Matthews Band, John Mayer Trio, etc. People who have immensely studied music.

What about electric instruments? Electric guitar, electric bass, synthesizer.

What’s your opinion about these things?

RankRank

Total Posts: 38

Joined 2011-06-08

PM

fingers Wrote:

———————————————————————————-

> What’s your take on modern genres of music? Things

> like Dave Matthews Band, John Mayer Trio, etc.

> People who have immensely studied music.

>

> What about electric instruments? Electric guitar,

> electric bass, synthesizer.

>

> What’s your opinion about these things?

Well personally, the modern music genres is kinda cool. But I sure miss the classing songs. Just using the acoustic guitar and soft-sound instruments. Or just acapella.

Rank

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2011-06-21

PM

Personally, I like the modern music as well. The sounds and production that are being produced are really inspiring. Then again, I am in my mid 20’s so I do have a biased outlook on this topic.

RankRank

Total Posts: 38

Joined 2011-06-08

PM

Thanks to your honesty then. I just miss the songs that only uses acoustic guitars. No drums at all.

Rank

Total Posts: 21

Joined 2014-09-28

PM

Modern music is pretty good. But, I really wish people still played classical music, and I wish there was more of a market for jazz. Most of my friends(I’m thirteen years old)have no idea who people like Rafael Mendez, Art Blakey, or even Wynton Marsalis are! That’s why I try to integrate listening to modern music with listening to classical and jazz music to “Broaden my vocabulary” in music. But that’s my opinion tell me what you think.