Total Posts: 42

Joined 2006-08-23

PM

How much is the SHAKTI Bb trumpet?

RankRankRank

Total Posts: 71

Joined 2005-03-06

PM

I think about 25,000-If you can get Dave to make you one.

RankRank

Total Posts: 42

Joined 2006-08-23

PM

how much are the normal mouth peices

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 105

Joined 2007-01-01

PM

They are $200.00, but buying one was the smartest purchase i’ve ever made.

Rank

Total Posts: 21

Joined 0

PM

prana is 314 and 340 with tax

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 492

Joined 2005-03-23

PM

Hey Guys.

Forgive the shameless self promotion: I am selling my treasured Taylor Chicago Custom Trumpet. It is a gem of a horn, but my kid is starting college and I need to liquidate whatever I can…this horn is a beauty…I would say it is like a Monette Anja, but that would be an unfair comparison..this horn holds it’s own..itis the best Taylor I’ve played. Just look it up on EBAY,  http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=16214&item=3743858062&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW It wi.ll sell for about half of what a new one sells.

RankRankRank

Total Posts: 71

Joined 2005-03-06

PM

Rocky-how much?

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 492

Joined 2005-03-23

PM

$2900. I’ll pay shipping.

Beautiful Chicago Custom Trumpet in bright silver plate. Originally purchased in raw brass, plating done recently by Chuck McAlexander of Brass Lab. Serial # 35403. This horn has a deep rich dark tone, that slots nicely. It has a BIG sound that projects: It is especially great for large spaces (no bad for small clubs either). Andy Taylor also explains that it is a great horn for playing in microphones and to use for recording. I’ve used it for jazz combo playing and brass ensembles, and I can’t say enough about how easy it blows and responds. With a 470 bore, 5 and 3/4 bell, heavy weight sheet braces, and oval slide bends..this trumpet can purr during ballads, or ring out with a clarion sound, all with surprisingly little effort. I had it plated because I find silver to be conducive to a more varied sound palate than raw brass. It loses none of the darkness of raw brass, but offers more warmth when you need it..in addition, it is gorgeous looking. It is in great condition, with one noticable ding near engraving on mouthpipe( check picture), and a few very slight scratches. I am including two mouthpieces (also silver plated)..one is a 3C and the other is a slightly deeper cup custom piece, great for ballads. In addition I’ll include long Wolfpak case (Which fits the Taylor) and the Wolfpak mouthpiece case which fits the oversized mouthpieces. This horn plays like a Monette Anja, at more than half the price. The new Taylors in silver are close to $4000. I have a Monette STC3 B4S that I will include for $100.00 ( $350. new) with sale if desired